Become a Certified
Why Functional Medicine?
Learn the science and clinical application of Functional Medicine from international experts
Discover your patients' hidden triggers of chronic disease with a comprehensive review of symptoms, advanced lab testing, and clinical guides
Learn evidence-Based Treatment Protocols from Functional and Integrative Medicine, including nutritional and herbal medicine and stress management
Gain a valuable understanding of coaching, marketing, and sales In clinical practice to improve patients' compliance and engagement and increase revenue
Our Course is Designed For
Learn How To Identify and Treat The Causes of Chronic Diseases That Other Doctors Don't See
Regain Health Science is offering a comprehensive online Functional Medicine Certification Course that is focused on clinical application and will provide you with tools that you can use in your practice immediately.
While most functional medicine courses take one to three years to complete, focus on theoretical knowledge, and cost over $15,000, our Functional Medicine Certification is affordable, clinical, and provides comprehensive education in 15 modules that will change the way you practice.
We cover all aspects of Functional Medicine, plus clinical application of nutritional and herbal medicine, stress management, and marketing for Functional Medicine providers. Our program offers all the modules without the need to travel, a personal coaching call to help you set up or improve your practice, a group support, and marketing training to get more clients and increase your revenue.
- Introduction to Functional Medicine
- Review of differences and similarities between primary care, Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM), and Functional Medicine.
- Review of organs function & organs integrity in Functional Medicine
- Review of the functional connection between organs and systems in the body.
- The Functional Medicine Practitioner RoadMap
Understanding the mechanism of chronic inflammation as the basis of multiple conditions including cardiovascular diseases (hypertension, atherosclerosis, vasculitis), rheumatoid arthritis, obesity, diabetes mellitus, cancer, autism, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s disease, fibromyalgia, asthma, and systemic lupus erythematosus.
- A review of environmental contaminants, heavy metals and other industrial chemicals in food, water, air, house-hold products, and living environment
- A review of endogenous toxins
- Chemical sensitivity and inflammatory reaction to toxic exposure
- Chemicals and genetic expression
- Laboratory testing and review of presents of chemicals in blood, urine, hair, stool, sweat
- Review of detoxification process, Phase I, II, and III
- Assessment of toxic load and laboratory testing
- Dietary strategies, lifestyle guidelines, and supplements to prevent and treat toxic load and support healthy detoxification process
- A review of the principles and studies on Anti-Inflammatory diet
- Tips for simple dietary adjustments for clinical success
- Includes a patient guide as a resource to share with your patients
- A review of hormones and other signaling molecules
- The impact of inflammation, stress, environmental factors, and nutrition on the hormonal system
- Clinical application of nutritional and lifestyle medicine for hormonal and neurological dysfunction
- Review of digestion and absorption of nutrients
- Interaction between drugs, stress, and environmental factors and absorption
- Gut flora in health and disease
- Intestinal permeability, Small intestine bacterial overgrowth and dysbiosis, and fungal infection
- How gut dysfunction might lead to inflammatory and chronic diseases
- The gut-brain connection
- Laboratory testing for gut dysfunction
- Clinical protocols for intestinal dysbiosis, bacterial and fungal infections, and intestinal permeability
- Nutrition and chronic inflammatory and chronic diseases
- Review of health benefits and considerations in plant-based, animal-based, mediterranean, DASH, and paleo diets.
- Anti-vs-pro inflammatory foods
- Nutritional evaluation and lab testing
- Principles of Nutritional therapy
- Strategies in sports Nutrition: Endurance and hypertrophy
- Supplements regulation and quality
Technology for improving patient care, included topics: sleep hygiene, electromagnetic radiation, healthy posture, anxiety, and cleaner air and water (mold, heavy metals, etc.)
- A review on the effect of stress and immune activation and chronic diseases
- Techniques for daily practice of stress reduction
- Nutrition and supplements to support healthy stress response
- Review of hormonal, neurological, and cellular function related to aging
- Important testing and considerations in anti-aging therapies
- Nutrition and lifestyle guidance and herbal supplements for the prevention and/or treatment of age related conditions, including menopausal symptoms, benign prostatic hypertrophy and prostate
- The Patient’s Story & Motivational interviewing
- Marketing your Functional Medicine Practice: How to get new patients and fill your practice
- Promoting your services: Educate rather than sell
- Coaching strategies to increase patient’s compliance
- A review of mitochondrial function
- A connection between mitochondrial dysfunction and chronic diseases
- Testing options for mitochondria function
- Strategies to reduce oxidative damage and optimize mitochondrial function
- A review of nutrients deficiency in patients with chronic diseases and recommendation for testing
- Nutritional consideration for supplementation in patients with chronic diseases
- The use of herbal medicine in clinical practice
- Review of mechanism of chronic pain in Functional Medicine
- Nutritional and lifestyle strategies and integrative approach to pain management and osteoarthritis
- A review of the diagnosis and evaluation process in Functional Medicine
- The 3 Rs of clinical success
- The 3 Rs in Patient with Chronic Gut Dysfunction
- The 3 Rs in Patient with Chronic Joint Pain
- The 3 Rs in Patient with Psoriasis
- Case Study: Diabetes
Get a FREE Copy of Our Book —
Treating Pain & Inflammation
with Functional Medicine
With lab review, case studies, and treatment protocols used in Functional & Integrative Medicine.
meet the presenters
Liz Lipski | PhD, CNS, FACN, IFMCP, BCHN, LDN
Professor Liz Lipski is an author, researcher, and a clinician with 30 years’ experience in field of digestion related conditions and clinical nutrition. She received her PhD in Clinical Nutrition programs in faculty for our Functional Medicine Training Certification, The Institute for Functional Medicine and the Metabolic Medicine Institute fellowship program. She is also on the advisory boards for the Accreditation Council for professional Nutrition Education (ACNPE), the American Nutrition Association, the Certified International Health Coaches and the Autism Hope Alliance.
David Musnick | MD
David Musnick, MD, is board-certified in Internal Medicine and Sports Medicine and is certified in Functional Medicine. He has been in practice for 29 years and has practiced Functional Medicine for 24 years. Dr. Musnick gives lectures on many topics in Functional Medicine. He has created and lectured on A Functional Medicine Approach to Healing Concussion. He has written numerous book chapters on Osteoarthritis. He has extensive experience in taking care of patients with Concussion, Mild Traumatic Brain injury and Mild Cognitive Impairment.
Tal Cohen | DAOM, MS-HNFM
Tal Cohen, DAOM, MS-HNFM is an author, presenter and a healthcare provider with 16 years of clinical experience. He is the author of several books and patient guides, including “Treating Pain and Inflammation with Functional Medicine: The Complete Clinical Guide” and “The Complete Guide to Removing Toxins & Improving Your Health.” Tal completed and holds a Master of Science in Human Nutrition and Functional Medicine and a Doctorate in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine.
Jonathan Nadal | ND, MSAOM
Dr. Jonathan Nadal earned a Doctorate in Naturopathic Medicine and a Master of Science in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine from the National University of Natural Medicine. Dr. Nadal specializes in integrative medicine and advanced lab testing for the treatment of chronic and inflammatory conditions.
Brandy Cohen | MSAOM
Brandy completed a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology with specific interests in clinical Transpersonal Psychology and the integration of eastern and western religions that utilize mindful, body-centered, experiential practices and self-transcendent aspects into psychotherapies. After her bachelor degree, Brandy completed a Master of Science in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine from Oregon College of Oriental Medicine.
Jessica Knese | MS, CNS
Jess graduated from University of Colorado with dual degrees in Integrative Physiology and Psychology. She decided to pursue a graduate degree in nutrition after working with a Primary Care Provider who implemented nutrition into her practice. She graduated with her MS in Clinical Nutrition and Integrative Health from Maryland University of Integrative Health and has completed the requirements for her Certified Nutrition Specialist (CNS) certification.
Heather Zwickey | PhD
Heather Zwickey, PhD is a researcher and professor of immunology. She earned a Ph.D. in Immunology and Microbiology, completed a postdoctoral fellowship at Yale School of Medicine, and established the Helfgott Research Institute for research in integrative medicine.
Michelle Leary-Chang | NMD, IFMCP
Dr. Michelle Leary-Chang is a researcher, presenter and a Functional Medicine Physician practicing general primary care and specialty men’s and women’s health. She completed training at the Institute of Women’s Health, American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine (A4M), and the institute for Functional Medicine (IFM) in areas of fertility, hormone management for men and women, anti-aging medicine, and metabolic weight-loss.
Lauren Deville | ND
Dr. Lauren Deville received her Bachelor’s of Science in Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics and Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine. She is the author of The Holistic Gut Prescription and How to Be Healthy: Body, Mind, and Spirit, and the host of the weekly podcast Christian Natural Health.
How to get certified
Get a FREE Copy of Our Book —
Treating Pain & Inflammation
with Functional Medicine
With lab review, case studies, and treatment protocols used in Functional & Integrative Medicine.
Frequently asked questions
Functional Medicine is a new form of diagnosis and treatment that has been developing from the understanding that external factors can trigger a pathologic reaction by changing our inner biochemistry, such as the effect of flame retardants on the expression of our genes.
Disease, according to Functional Medicine, is the result of an interaction of our cells and organs with environmental factors, diet, emotional state, trauma, and lifestyle, rather than the result of genetics or old age.
Symptoms, according to Functional Medicine, rises from one or more biochemical imbalances or pathogens. To get ride of the symptoms, we must address the root cause of the problem.
The Functional Medicine provider, in a similar way to a detective, starts by looking for clues to eventually identify the underlying cause of the symptoms and address it.
Functional Medicine Certification was create for healthcare providers who are interested in improving their understanding of the triggers of chronic diseases and inflammatory conditions, as well as nutritional and herbal medicine and stress management and improve their clinical outcome.
The Certification of Completion is available to healthcare providers, such as acupuncturists, Chiropractors, Naturopaths, Nutritionists, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Medical Doctors, and Physical Therapists, who are interested in learning the science and clinical application of Functional Medicine in simple and organized modules.
There are 3 significant differences. between this program and others.
First, most Functional Medicine training programs require dozens of hours of review of physiology and the theoretical aspects of Functional Medicine before you actually get to learn clinical application. For clinicians (or anybody else who wants to apply functional medicine), it’s like having dinner with 5 hours of appetizers before you get to the main dish.
Our approach: We choose to give you the scientific background and focus majority of our time and resources in clinical application that you can use to help your patients right away.
Second, majority of these programs will also cost a significant amount of money, typically between $12,000 to $30,000, due to the length of the program, and because they separate and brand each section of Functional Medicine as a separate course. For example, separating environmental medicine, immune response, and detoxification into three separate courses allows you to charge thousands of dollars for each.
Our approach: Simple, transparent, and upfront. You get all the classes, to train you as a Functional Medicine provider, as a bundle to save you money.
Third, due to separation of each module and including so many review hour of research and physiology, as well as long lectures about the future of medicine and public health, majority of programs take months or years to complete. Often, by the time you are done with learning one part of Functional Medicine, such as Environmental medicine and detoxification, months go by before you learn how to apply it on you patients.
Our approach: Built for clinicians. Every part of functional medicine is described and reviewed with focus on clinical protocols you can use immediately.
Our presenters have been in the field of Functional and Integrative medicine for a long time and some still teach in other programs. This program is their way of sharing their clinical experience and for you to gain years of accumulated knowledge of what works and what doesn’t.
The training course is delivered completely online and there is no need to travel. While the course is delivered online, it has a very simple layout and there is no need to be tech savvy.
After you sign up you will receive instant access to the platform with all of the videos, quizzes, and handouts and clinical guides to download with a unique login and password just for you. We like to update the content when needed, so this allows you to login from any computer all around the world and receive the information at any time. The entire course is hosted on its own password protected website and you’ll receive weekly emails to keep you on track. interviews with expert
The course was created by Regain Health Science, a leader in healthcare education, and multiple providers and professors with years of clinical and teaching experience.
The Educational Director is Tal Cohen, DAOM, MS-HNFM. He is the author of the book ‘Treating Pain and Inflammation with Functional Medicine: A Complete Clinical Guide to Finding and Treating the Ten Triggers of Disease’ and ‘The Complete Guide to Removing Toxins & Improving Your Health.’
Tal has 16 years of clinical experience is holistic and alternative medicine in several countries and is the program director of A New Way Clinic, an integrative medicien clinic offering regenerative and Functional medicine in Portland Oregon.
He had clinical rotation in acupuncture, herbal medicine, and nutrition in Hangzhou Central Hospital (China) and Rehabilitation Department in Sourasky Medical Center (Israel). Tal received graduate level training in nutrition, holistic medicine, and herbal medicine from the Acupuncture & Integrative Medicine College (California), his Master of Science in Human Nutrition and Functional Medicine from University of Western States (Oregon), and a Doctorate in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine from Oregon College of Oriental Medicine (Oregon).
Tal has years of experience teaching both patients and medical providers in Functional medicine, Integrative medicine, and Regenerative medicine conferences.
Each module takes about one to two hours and there are 16 modules (plus a few bonuses), plus short quizzes. It’s essentially depending on your pace of study, but most of our students were able to complete the course within a a few weeks even with a full time clinical practice.
This program provides the scientific background for Functional Medicine, but mostly focuses on clinical applications.
For anybody that is interested in focusing on studying the theoretical side of Functional Medicine or only a review of studies, I recommend looking into Functional medicine degree or other programs. The major disadvantage of doing other programs or a degree in Functional medicine is that it takes hundreds (or thousands) of hours and several years (about 3 to 4) to complete and have a very small of clinical application.
We are here to assist you if you have any technical issue. The platform is designed to provide you with 24/7 access from anywhere in the world and is based on educational platform with years of experience. However, if you need assistance, you can call or email us and we will be happy to assist.
It took a lot of time and resources to build each part of this course. From building, modifying, and presenting each module until it was perfect to investing dozens of hours of editing and programming to make sure that you’ll have a great experience.
Based on our existing members who have already joined and took the course, we think you are going to learn so much and love what we’ve created! But of course, we realize it can’t be a perfect fit for everyone. At Regain Health Science we believe you should only pay for the things that actually help you gain valuable knowledge, evolve your skills, and get you better results. So, if you login to the course and do not like what you get, email us within 5 days of signing up and we will refund the whole course.
Simply put, we believe in what we created and we have seen how much it helped to educate doctors and healthcare providers. But we cannot do the discovery for you. We’ve done our part to create and continually improve this program in order to give you the tools to become a Functional medicine provider.
Again, with that being said, if you login to the course and do not like what you get, email us within 5 days of signing up to Operations@RegainHealthScience.com and we will provide you personal support and/or refund your purchase.
Once you log in, you have complete access to all courses, interviews, materials, handouts, and clinical guides. The course contains large amount of material. Therefore, after you complete the course, we will keep access available to you just in case you would like to review the lectures or clinical protocols again. All the clinical guides are downloadable and you can keep them on your computer for personal use.
Yes. Once you enroll in the course, you will also get access to our private Functional Medicine Practice group on Facebook where you will be able to ask questions, learn from educational videos on practice management, and network with medical doctors, naturopaths, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and other healthcare providers. We introduce new videos every week to help you start and improve your practice, get more clients, and increase revenue.